The Beige Period.

I can't believe how long it's been since I wrote anything here, but in my defense, my life hasn't slowed down one bit since August 17th. I had my surgery, and obviously, it went okay. Recovery has been more than a challenge and I still have a long road ahead of me.I can't believe that I'm nearly eight weeks post-op; sometimes it feels like the shortest eight weeks, and at other times it feels like the longest. I still struggle with a lot of the symptoms that I had before my surgery, but I've been told that's normal and like all things, it "takes time". I'm also struggling with a lot of other things, mentally. I have this new scar that is really present when my hair is up, I felt like I lost a lot of my independence for a while (which I'm slowly gaining back), and a whole mess of other things I'm still trying to work out. 

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I haven't created nearly as much as I'd like to. Besides recovery and doctor's appointments, I've had a whole slew of things going on in my personal life that have made my life even more of a struggle than it should be. This isn't the place to discuss those sorts of things, but it's distracted me from what is important, and that's using this time to create. I also hit a period of "artist block" where I wasn't feeling creative. I wasn't feeling much, to be honest. But in the past few weeks, it's came back. It hit me like a brick wall one day and I just had to create something - and that's exactly what I did. 

For some reason, these four pieces all seem to have the same color scheme. It's completely unintentional and pure coincidence, especially considering they weren't created in a close time frame. Maybe I'm going through a "beige period" ... ?! 

Jennifer Elias Photography
Trepidation.
3.75" x 2.5"


Jennifer Elias Photography
New Horizon.
5" x 7"


Jennifer Elias Photography
Vulnerable Void.
3.5" x 2.5" 


Chapter 13.
10" x 5.5" 


I'm going to be trying something new with my next piece, and I'm really hoping it works out in the way I'm envisioning it. The best part is, it won't be beige! I've really been thinking about this series and how I'll know when it's complete, as I have 16 pieces in total now. I guess it's not really about the number of pieces you have though.. a series could have 100 pieces, or 5, that's up to the artist. I think I'll just know when it's complete... it's one of those things I'll just feel. I remember the feeling I had when my thesis was complete, like I felt that I had said all I needed to say. I think it's safe to say, I'm getting there. Slowly, but surely. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventures!

Visits, New Family Members & Procrastination:

It's All In Your Head || Thoughts & Feelings Of A Life Changing Diagnosis